Job: Support Services Specialist - Cataloging
Go back to All Jobs
- Support Services Specialist - Cataloging
- Number position available:
- $33,750.48 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Jacksonville Public Library is actively seeking a Support Services Specialist.
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is professional library work performing library systems applications support or digitized library collections support or collection development support or cataloging support.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in information science, information technology or other related field and
- Two years of experience in evaluating and maintaining personal computers, peripherals, and data analysis.
- Or depending on assignment, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in information science, or other related field and two years of experience in photography, library, or archival digitization.
- Or depending on assignment, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in literature, information science or other related field and two years of experience in publishing and/or knowledge of collections gained by reference/reader’s advisory.
- Or depending on assignment, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in information science, or other related field and two years of experience working in libraries.
- A combination of education and/or experience in the specific area must have been obtained within five years of applying for this position.
Experience in a library setting is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during the employment in this class.
- Must obtain and maintain during employment in this class a City of Jacksonville Certification as a Public Driver.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 303 N. Laura Street
- Institution Name :
- City of Jacksonville
- 117 W. Duval Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Employee Services
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply at www.coj.net.