Job: Librarian 1 - Adult Services
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian 1 - Adult Services
- Number position available:
- Determined based on experience
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Osceola Library System seeks a full-time Librarian for the Hart Memorial Library in Kissimmee, Florida. This is an excellent position for a new graduate who wants to create engaging and informative programs, enjoys assisting and instructing patrons, values the traditions of reader’s advisory and research, excels at connecting patrons to current technology and resources, and is excited by the possibility of promoting the Library to the community.
This position is under the supervision of the Adult Services Manager and works with both the public service team at the Hart Memorial Library and as part of a larger team of librarians and associates who support the Library System in providing outreach, programming, instruction and research for adults and families.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Plan, present and coordinate presenters for Adult classes and events in person and online
- Outreach to the community to educate about Library services, resources and events
- Plan and present inter-generational programming
- Connect patrons with Library and community resources and services, such as reading materials or social services
- Work with system-wide staff to plan and promote Adult Summer Learning events and classes
- Provide instruction and research help in person, online and over the phone
- Support staff training efforts, including technology, reference and eGovernment
- •Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library; in addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
•Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
- Act as in-charge staff in absence of Branch Manager
- Resolve patron issues, including Library account and policy questions
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to staff, the Library and community
- Other duties as assigned
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- MLS or MLIS degree required
- Library experienced desirable
- Creative ideas for programming and community outreach
- Passion for connecting patrons to information, resources, books, etc.
- Proficiency in a wide range of computer technology and software applications
- Knowledge of online databases, services and resources
- Excellent people skills and a commitment to working as a team toward success
- Exceptional communication skills
- Work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to move from place to place within the location; lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to (25) pounds and occasional up to (35) pounds such as files, books, stacks of paper, and other materials.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- HART MEMORIAL LIBRARY
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 211 E Dakin Ave
- Institution Name :
- HART MEMORIAL LIBRARY
- 211 E Dakin Ave
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Vicki Fowler
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply for Librarian 1-Adult Services using the link below: