Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides professional reference service to all NSU-affiliated library users, both local and distance, and Broward County users in person, by phone, and via computer.
2. Assists library users in the use and interpretation of the library collections and in identifying and accessing appropriate materials for research purposes.
3. Provides individualized and group instruction on the use of library resources, including use of specialized databases, and produce documentation to assist in training and teaching.
4. Participates in collection development activities to recommend selection and weeding of library materials.
5. Assists in the creating and maintaining of web pages.
6. Prepares bibliographies and guides in subject areas.
7. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of volunteers and/or student employees.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Participates on department, library and university-wide committees as needed.
2. Attends professional library meetings away from the campus, representing the library to the larger community. Participate in SEFLIN committees and events as needed.
3. Prepares special projects, such as surveys, flyers, documentation and statistical reports, as needed.
4. Acts as liaison and promote library services to NSU students, faculty, and staff, and Broward County users.
5. Stays current in professional library literature and participate in professional activities.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Current computer skills, including online searching.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited school
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please apply online at https://lib.nova.edu/997879