Saint John Vianney College’s Mission: The fundamental purpose of St. John Vianney College Seminary is to provide undergraduate and graduate education and formation for those students whose stated objective is to discern a call to serve the Catholic Church as priests within a bilingual (English-Spanish) multicultural setting. The college seminary is also committed to providing academic opportunities, both on-campus and online, for laity and others who may be enriched by its services.
Job Description: The Director of the Library is responsible for all matters pertaining to the library. As the chief administrator of library services for the college seminary, he/she operates under the supervision of the Academic Dean.
Essential Job Duties:
• To develop the library collection in consultation with the faculty
• To train and supervise the student workers and volunteers
• To carry out the acquisition of all library materials
• Supervises the classification and cataloging of books, journals, A/V materials, and the circulation process
• Offers library orientation and electronic demonstrations to new students, refresher sessions to returning students
• Provides bibliographic instruction as requested by faculty and students
• Provides traditional and online services
• Maintains a consortia relationship with St. Thomas University to share the resources and services the SEFLIN network provides, including Interlibrary Loan
• Responsible for inventory and maintenance of the library equipment and audiovisual resources
• To serve as an ex officio member of the Academic Council and the Humanities Council
• To chair the Library Committee
• Periodically informs the faculty and students of new Library holdings through curriculum-relevant library displays and electronic listings
• Maintains records of library expenditures to distribute the budgeted money by subject collection
• Subscribes and maintains a collection of more than 150 magazines, journals, and newspapers
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
•Master’s in library science (preferred).
•Previous experience in library information resources and services.
•Great organizational and communication skills.
•Knowledge of database user interface and query software such as SQL or others preferred.
•Must be supportive of the mission, tenets, and values of the Roman Catholic Church
Physical address where the job position is located.
To apply, please send the following:
•Names of Three References
Please send all materials to:
Saint John Vianney College Seminary
and Graduate School of Philosophy
2900 SW 87th Avenue
Miami FL 33165
(305) 223-4561 ext. 115