The Hunt Library, located on the Daytona Beach, Florida, Campus of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), is recruiting for an Associate Director for Library Operations & Access Services, a non-tenure track position. As a member of the library Management Team, the successful candidate will manage the Access Services department, facilitate collaborative relationships between the library and campus partners, and participate in library administration. We seek a collegial leader whose enthusiasm will encourage and support creative approaches to empowering and mentoring staff, leading projects, solving problems, and developing user-centric programs or services.
- Leading the Access Services department and supervising six, including one professional librarian.
- Participating in library administration, including serving as Acting Director in Director’s absence.
- Maintaining and updating circulation functions in the Alma LSP.
- Oversight of the library facility.
- Budget and planning responsibilities in collaboration with the Management Team.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science
- A minimum of two years management experience, including supervision of full-time employees
- Experience with Alma (or relevant LSP) circulation functions
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and interact and collaborate with individuals of different backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Academic library experience
- Library access services/circulation experience
- Experience collaborating with organizational partners
- Familiarity with budgeting and planning
- Experience coordinating teams
The Hunt Library values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to hiring staff who share these values.
About Embry-Riddle and Daytona Beach:
Hunt Library provides library services to 7,500 residential students on the Daytona Beach Campus, as well as to over 23,000 distance-learning students through Embry-Riddle Worldwide. As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, ERAU offers regionally accredited bachelors’ and masters’ degrees as well as several doctoral programs, one of which (Aviation Science) is the first of its kind. The ERAU undergraduate Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering program was ranked number five in 2021 by U.S. News & World Report (see https://news.erau.edu/headlines/us-news-world-report-names-embry-riddle-among-nations-best-for-aerospace-engineering-and-vets).
Daytona Beach is located on Florida’s Atlantic coast and is known for its beaches, year-round outdoor special events, and local and international sports. Part of the Ormond Beach – Daytona Beach – Port Orange metropolitan area of Volusia County, residents enjoy a temperate, sub-tropical climate and close proximity to popular travel destinations including Orlando and Miami.
For more information on ERAU, see https://www.erau.edu/about. For more information on the Hunt Library, go to https://huntlibrary.erau.edu/about. Specific information on the Student Union and library facility is available at https://studentunion.erau.edu. For more information on Daytona Beach, go to https://www.codb.us.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please apply online at https://embryriddle.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Daytona-Beach-FL/Associate-Director-for-Library-Operations---Access-Services_R302353. Please upload a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae or resume, and three professional references (including email addresses). A review of applications will begin on January 7, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
Physical address where the job position is located.