QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- Associate’s degree in any subject from an accredited institution or any combination of education, experience, or training relevant to the position, which provides the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge;
- Minimum of two (2) years of academic or public library work experience with library management systems; preferably Ex Libris and/or Workflows;
- Proven knowledge of library operations, including but not limited to circulation and patron services;
- Exceptional customer service, time management and organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations;
- Communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Accurate and detail-oriented work performance;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications to include word processing.
This position requires excellent hearing and speaking skills, vision sufficient to see and interpret all job-related materials, an ability to sit, stand for long periods of time, ability to climb and walk, steps and low ladders, ability to be mobile between workstations and library areas, good manual dexterity, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of thirty (30) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College.