Job: LIBRARY/MEDIA SPECIALIST, MOODY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Go back to All Jobs
- LIBRARY/MEDIA SPECIALIST, MOODY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Number position available:
- Base salary of $46,439, plus any applicable supplements
- Job Category:
- School Media Specialist
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
JOB ID: 5487
To serve as an integral leader in the learning and instructional process through the development and implementation of the school library media program that supports the educational philosophy of the school.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of child growth and development and especially of characteristics of children in the age group assigned. Knowledge of prescribed curriculum. Knowledge of current educational research. Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current technology. Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using standards-based varied teaching methods to address student learning styles. Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents and others. Ability to plan classroom instruction and implement activities for maximum effectiveness. Ability to effectively assess levels of student achievement, analyze test results and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn. Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators and others.
All staff assigned to the Media Center.
- Assist administrative and instructional staff in the implementation of the curriculum.
- Collaborate with teachers in the design of instructional units and lessons.
- Maintain and extend the library collection in accordance with the school’s needs and within budget limitations.
- Assist students and teachers in the use of instructional materials and instructional technology.
- Support teachers and students with the integration of a full range of literacy skills (information, research, media, visual, digital, and technological literacy).
- Foster a culture for inquiry and love of literature.
- Serve as an integral member of school leadership team(s).
- Promote and advocate for the library media program.
- Contribute to the development of district plans for curriculum, instructional materials, and instructional technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of literature and current trends in library media practice and information technology.
- Establish goals for the library media program appropriate to the setting and the students served.
- Assist users with the laws for copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property,
- Assist with instruction related to digital footprints and internet safety.
- Establish and maintain library procedures.
- Plan, prepare and administer the budget for the media program.
- Supervise, evaluate and coordinate all staff assigned to the media program.
- Develop a plan to evaluate the library media program.
- Engage in district and school professional development.
- Work cooperatively within the educational community.
- Perform other professional duties as assigned by the principal.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
- Minimum degree Bachelor’s with valid Florida Certification in the area of Media Specialist.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science and/or Educational Media preferred.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Moody Elementary School
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 5425 38th Ave W
- Institution Name :
- School District of Manatee County
- 215 Manatee Ave W
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Liz Gray
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941-755-0650 ext 43291
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please regisgter and apply on the District website: https://careers.manateeschools.net/psp/HCPRDC/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=5487&PostingSeq=1