Highly responsible, professional work directing and coordinating all library activities. Work is performed under the general administrative direction of the Recreation Director.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential
• Plan, organize, evaluate, and direct departmental policies, programs, and operations for
• Plan and coordinate such activities as collection development, programming, outreach,
and in-service training.
• Supervise, train, and evaluate professional and clerical staff engaged in circulation of
materials, reader’s advisory services, programming, public relations, and the acquisition
and cataloging of materials.
• Direct and monitor the implementation of City, Department, and Division regulations
relating to all library personnel actions.
• Prepare and maintain Library Department budget.
• Select and purchase library materials, equipment, and books.
• Recruit, schedule, and supervise volunteers.
• Prepare reports and maintain records.
• Assist the general public as needed.
• Ensure safety and security of staff and patrons.
• Collaborate with fellow library administrators in other cities and counties.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
A Masters Degree in a related field may substitute for the MLS.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply online at
Fill out application completely and upload resume.