The University of Tampa invites applications for the position of Executive Director of the Macdonald-Kelce Library. The University is seeking an innovative, highly motivated, collaborative, and visionary leader who is passionate about promoting the library. The Macdonald-Kelce Library advances UT's mission to deliver challenging and high-quality educational experiences to a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students by supporting study and research. We strive to provide an environment on campus that is rich with information and dedicated to scholarship. The ideal candidate understands the evolving roles of academic libraries in higher education and will develop plans for enhancing library programs and services in this rapidly changing environment.
The Executive Director of the Library is a twelve-month, academic librarian staff position that will be available beginning June 2022. Review of applications will begin on March 21st, however, the position will remain open until filled.
Core Responsibilities of the Executive Director
The Executive Director of Macdonald-Kelce Library provides strategic vision, leadership, and advocacy for the library. The Executive Director reports directly to the Provost and works with all academic units and faculty to deliver innovative library services. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of library operations and administration, including:
1. Plans, provides, and evaluates library policies, procedures, services, and resources.
2. Develops a well-qualified, capable library staff as a high-performing collaborative team through selection, training, mentoring, and assessment.
3. Prepares the annual budget, controls expenditures, and makes allocations to ensure adherence to established budgetary parameters and restrictions.
4. Provides ongoing assessment of library resources and acquisition of new materials consistent with the library's collection development policy.
5. Evaluates and approves vendor license agreements with consideration to cost, usage rights, authentication requirements, and accessibility.
6. Prepares and analyzes a variety of reports and statistical data for internal and external constituents.
7. Oversees the day-to-day management of library operations, the main building, and off-site library annex. Ensures accessibility of library facilities and resources to a wide variety of users.
8. Leads library committees, groups, and task forces and participates in campus-wide committees and leadership groups.
9. Maintains a solid understanding of scholarship trends and best practices in the library and information technology fields.
10. Clearly and effectively communicates the library's goals, strengths and needs to the larger university community.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
A Master's degree in library science or library and information science from an ALA-accredited institution is required. Graduate study in an additional discipline is desirable. The successful candidate will also possess:
1. Seven to ten years of professional library experience, with five years of progressively responsible academic library experience.
2. Experience in a comprehensive university setting that has provided familiarity with both liberal arts and professional academic programs.
3. Excellent communication, advocacy, and interpersonal skills.
4. Direct experience with information technologies, automated library systems, and a history of and commitment to embracing emerging trends and best practices.
5. Evidence of successful management and leadership within a college or university library.
6. Ability to lead the library in campus educational programs and initiatives.
7. Demonstrated ability in effective budget management.
8. Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, evaluate and supervise a dedicated library staff.
9. Evidence of commitment to advancing academic diversity, including providing library services to diverse populations.
10. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
11. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Physical address where the job position is located.
https://utampa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Staff/job/Tampa/Executive-Director--Library_R0006144-1 and click on Apply button.