Clay County Public Library (CCPL) is searching for highly qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Library Services. The essential function of the position is to assist in directing and overseeing library operations regarding consistent programming, activities, and outreach. The position is responsible for assisting with supervising staff; directing Outreach programs, researching and developing new library policies and procedures, and planning and organizing services to the public.
· Assist Director of Libraries with supervision of staff, including recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work and counseling.
· Supervise the programming team.
· Serve on Collection Development Committee.
· Oversee and evaluate procurement of books and materials for children’s collection.
· Develop standards for the development and delivery of adult, teen and children’s programming.
· Provide goals, guidelines, budgets, and schedules for system-wide programming including Summer Reading Program.
· Manage Library’s external communications including website updates, social media posts, flyers and newsletters.
· Direct Outreach Services.
· Research and develop county-wide services and operational policies and procedures
· Conduct training and recommend training for all staff members. Coordinate the library system’s annual training day.
· Remain abreast of development in the library profession and library technological services, utilizing professional materials, attend workshops, and network within the library community.
· Assist in the writing, implementing and reporting of grants and related funds.
· Master’s Degree in Library Sciences (MLS) from an ALA accredited program.
· Five (5) years of professional library experience, with at least three years’ experience in a library leadership position
Physical address where the job position is located.
Using the link below, please sign up for account access and apply: