Performs professional library duties and provides on-site technical assistance in order to provide and maintain timely and effective customer service to Library customers.
Bilingual skills (speaking and writing proficiency in English and Spanish) are highly desirable.
Multiple positions in the Library’s Public Services Division, Support Services Division, and Brand Innovation Section may be filled with this announcement.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customer and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides front-line customer service assistance via phone, email or in person to internal and external customers. Provides direction, promotion of and instruction in accessing and using the Library's automated circulation system, computerized databases, library related software, e-book and digital magazine platforms and general office equipment.
- Manages customer accounts, including Library card registration, fines and fees within the integrated library system.
- Performs troubleshooting and instruction on a variety of hardware, software and general office equipment. Maintains digital literacy awareness and education.
- Manages meeting rooms, study rooms and computer usage.
- Maintains knowledge of and practices adherence to library and county policies and procedures, rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, Microsoft products, varying office equipment.
- Knowledge of library filing and classification systems. Accurately sort, file, and/or retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical and chronological systems.
- Knowledge of Library services, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of accessing and using the Library's automated circulation system, computerized databases, related software, e-book and digital magazine platform.
- Knowledge of the basic operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of library automated systems and personal computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Ability to be self-motivated and embrace change.
- Ability to display patience, tact, flexibility, creativity, poise, and a positive attitude while serving customers in a busy setting.
- Must be able to lift, pull, stand, bend, kneel, sit, stoop, crouch, balance or handle materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend and kneel.
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee's department, the County's Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Additional Job Requirements
A department, depending on the nature of its mission and operations, may require employees in all or certain positions in this job classification to:
- Maintain the ability to pass the background checks required for the position. These background checks may include but are not limited to:
- Criminal History Background check using Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
- Level 1 and Level 2 background screening (Ch. 435 Florida Statutes)
- Child Abuse, Abandonment and Neglect Record Check using the State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- Sex Offender and Sexual Predator record check using the list maintained by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Possess the necessary job related license(s) or certification(s) that may include possession of a Florida Driver's License (Class E) or an applicable Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Employees in this classification that acquire the competencies and minimum qualifications for the next tier will be able to apply for promotional opportunities through a competitive selection process. Employees will not automatically be upgraded to the next tier. Reclassifying a position is based on business need and financial impact and is not based solely on the job competencies or qualifications of the incumbent.
Physical address where the job position is located.