Job: Librarian I Collection Development
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian I Collection Development
- Number position available:
- $41,856 - $68,016
- Job Category:
- Collection Management
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
- Class Title
- Librarian I - Collection Development Librarian
- Class Code
- $41,856.00 - $68,016.00 Annually
- Salary Disclosure/General Description
Salary Range: $41,856.00 - $68,016.00
Pay Grade: P35
Pay rates are based on education, skill, experience level and internal equity.
New Hires are generally brought in from minimum to midpoint of pay range.
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Libraries Services
General Description: The Collection Development Librarian position is responsible for building a relevant, high-interest collection across formats, platforms and levels. This position exercises professional judgment and expertise in the selection of appropriate materials and online resources to serve the needs of Pasco County. Cross-divisional collaboration is required to efficiently deliver a premium experience to internal and external customers. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
- Essential Job Functions
Performs professional duties requiring the exercise of professional skill, initiative and independent judgment. Coordinates county-wide collection development functions for all ages including material selection and budgeting. Reviews on an on-going basis the collections in each branch library selecting materials to provide a balanced collection and coordinating systematic weeding of collections. Responsible for coordinating, compiling and reviewing orders for all branches. Works cooperatively with Branch Services and Technical Services in the area of collection development.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Coordinates collection development activities with Branch Services, Technical Services Divisions and other collaborative teams.
- Reviews collection at each branch and makes recommendations for purchases and weeding.
- Selects materials and compiles orders for all branches with an understanding of current trends and the principles of Intellectual Freedom and Open Access.
- Compiles and reviews rush orders for all branches, as needed.
- Organizes systematic weeding projects for the Library System.
- Coordinates the development of a balanced collection for the Library System while providing responsive customer service.
- Coordinates the establishment of standards for basic collections and weeding practices.
- Assists with the annual materials budget preparation and implementation throughout the year.
- Communicates effectively with all Branches and Departments and attends Administrative and Board meetings, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and developments including the publishing and media industries for all platforms and levels.
- Communicates effectively with vendors.
- Maintains and updates the Library System's Collection Development Policy.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EVENINGS AND SATURDAYS.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Job requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires use of a video display monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must possess a Master's Degree in Library Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association. Experience with library automation systems and/or personal computers and software including database and/or Internet experience. Three (3) years' of professional library experience as a librarian in a public library system including two (2) years' supervisory experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid Florida driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
PASCO COUNTY WAS VOTED ONE OF THE NATION'S TOP WORK PLACES FOR 2021
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Hudson System Services
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 8012 Library Road
- Institution Name :
- Hudson System Services
- 8012 Library Road
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Sandy Geiger
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY ON LINE AT PASCOCOUNTYFL.NET