The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Library Associate to join our team of professionals.
· Staffs the circulation desk: checks in/out and renews books and other library materials for library users using automated circulation system.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
· Provides general information on library services and the use of library facilities, as well as answers questions from library users regarding basic circulation policies (loan periods, recalls, holds, shelving and borrowing).
· Advises patrons on the location of materials, the use of automated search systems, the use of library equipment, the online catalog and the library's website.
· Provides basic reference services to users such as answering routine requests for information using standard reference sources.
· Verifies and assists with correcting citations using standard print and online resources.
· Processes inter library loan transactions by photocopying books and other library materials while maintaining relevant files.
· Maintains public areas of library in order (tables, study areas, etc.); sort and shelve books and other library materials.
· Maintains library usage statistics.
High School diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience.
2 or more years of recent circulation or related library experience preferred. Ability to work flexible hours preferred.
Physical address where the job position is located.
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526860. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.