Description: The University of Central Florida (UCF) Libraries seeks a curious, dynamic, and strategic leader to serve as the associate dean for Academic Engagement. This individual will build upon the strong foundation already established in student and faculty services. The division portfolio includes liaison librarians assigned to academic programs and learning communities, research consultation and instruction services, student engagement and collaboration with key campus partners, branch libraries and partnership campuses, government documents, and textbook affordability.
Recent successes of the division include implementing a proactive and campus-integrated engagement model that supports key student populations; establishing a distributed model for specialized textbook affordability services; working with College of Graduate Studies faculty and students to develop plans for a Graduate Commons, which is slated to open early 2023; providing input and planning into the library renovation project which includes a suite of offices for most of the division’s staff; creating a library dashboard which is used to identify opportunities for additional student outreach; implementing new models of assessment; and contributing to campus DEI efforts by providing a robust slate of associated programming and outreach. The associate dean is expected to be a proven leader who develops and advances working relationships within the Libraries and in collaboration with other campus units. Active participation in professional service and scholarly contributions at a national level is expected.
· Report to the dean of UCF Libraries and serve on the senior leadership team, actively contributing to library-wide planning, policy making, and goal setting.
· Oversee units of Research and Information Services, Patent and Trademark Resource Center and Student Learning and Engagement; locations including Curriculum Materials Center, Downtown Campus library, and UCF Connect librarians at the state college campuses of Cocoa, Daytona, Sanford/Lake Mary, Valencia Osceola, and Valencia West; and programs including liaison librarians and textbook affordability. The division includes FTE of 24 faculty librarians and 11 staff, plus adjunct librarians and hourly employees.
· Thoughtfully engage library and campus stakeholders in planning and leading implementation of inclusive, learning-centered education services.
· Have a proactive and holistic view to student success which includes community-building, academics, and well-being.
· Seek to continually enhance service quality, outcomes, and operational efficiency and ensure that implementation of new initiatives and services promoting research, education, and engagement have needed support to be successful.
· Inspire, enable, and empower library faculty and staff to create and innovate.
· Represent UCF Libraries through collaboration in a wide range of consortia and partnerships at the university, state, regional, and national levels.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
University of Central Florida: Located in vibrant Orlando, the University of Central Florida is a thriving research university that prides itself on providing access and supporting student success. Home to 1,850 faculty, 12,500 employees, and more than 70,000 students, UCF is one of the largest and most dynamic universities in the nation and leads all universities in Florida in conferring more than 18,000 degrees a year. Research, scholarship, and creative activities have increased rapidly in quality and reputation across the university. The university has an operating budget of $ 2.1 billion, and in fiscal year 2021 UCF researchers received $212 million in funded research.
University of Central Florida Libraries: UCF Libraries includes the Curriculum Materials Center, John C. Hitt Library, and Special Collections and University Archives on the Orlando campus; branch libraries on the Rosen and Downtown campuses; and partnerships with Direct Connect colleges. The Hitt Library recently completed construction of an Automated Retrieval Center (ARC) and the addition of 57,000 square feet dedicated to student and faculty research and is still undergoing significant and exciting enhancements to the facility.
UCF Libraries offers a collection of more than 2.2 million volumes and 52,000 serials and manages the institutional repository STARS. We are members of the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL), Center for Research Libraries (CRL), Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC), and HathiTrust, and are a selective member of the Federal Depository Library Program. Since 2015, the Libraries, in collaboration with faculty and campus partners, has facilitated use of open and library-sourced course materials, in turn potentially saving students over $9 million. Full-time staffing of 105 individuals includes 46 faculty librarians who are dedicated to serving faculty, students, and the greater Orlando community. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu.
Salary and Rank: This is a twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position with insurance and retirement benefits, 22 paid annual days, 13 sick days, 9 holidays, and no state income tax. Salary and rank will be determined commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Submit application and supporting documents electronically at https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/502305 Please complete the online application for job number 502305 by the close date of June 30, 2022. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a cover letter that outlines skills and experience that directly relate to the position, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references. Questions regarding this search may be directed to the search chair, Ying Zhang, at Ying.email@example.com.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Unless explicitly stated in the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf . As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF's affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
· Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
· A minimum of ten years of post-MLS experience.
· At least five years of demonstrating progressive management and leadership experience.
· Substantial experience in academic engagement, student success, and/or library teaching.
· Demonstrated track record of establishing new partnerships external to the library. Ability to anticipate campus needs. Willingness to partner within and outside the library.
· A progressive and visionary leader with a proven track record of innovative accomplishments.
· Demonstrated ownership of outreach to campus and community.
· Supervision of units and librarians responsible for instruction, research consultation, and outreach and engagement services.
· Understands and values diversity and the importance of inclusion as demonstrated through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization and institution.
· Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, and develop library faculty and staff.
· Evidence of professional service, and a record of presentation and publications at a national level.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Submit application and supporting documents electronically at https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/502305 Please complete the online application for job number 502305 by the close date of June 30, 2022. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a cover letter that outlines skills and experience that directly relate to the position, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references. Questions regarding this search may be directed to the search chair, Ying Zhang, at Ying.firstname.lastname@example.org.