Come work at one the Most Beautiful U.S. Libraries*. The Mandel Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated content creator to join our Adult Services department. This position will support library initiatives by creating content for a variety of print and digital platforms, ensuring style consistency across library departments and communications, and managing the library’s social media accounts. A quick and creative thinker, this full-time position will help bring the library to the forefront of online trends while also generating and editing engaging content for print materials, online platforms, and in-house signage. We are looking for a professional who thrives in an environment rich with diversity and finds joy in serving the public.
Essential Duties Include • Create content for digital channels including website, email newsletter, and social media to support library events and initiatives. • Ensure all library communications follow in-house style guide• Organize and maintain all library photos, including captioning for promotional and archival purposes. • Disseminate press releases and contribute content to local media outlets and newsletters. • Collect and evaluate social media analytics to adjust social media strategy accordingly (maybe not the best wording, but you get the idea)
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Experience in social media platforms and knowledge of current trends in social media.
• Proficient in Adobe Suite, social media platforms and Microsoft Suite.
· Provides customer service at reference desk; researches and answers questions from the public and assists them in use of the library.
· Provides readers advisory for the general public; recommends authors, materials and resources to assist customers in their information selections.
· Participates in technology projects designed to organize online information to make it more accessible and useful to the public.
· Provides reference services utilizing electronic resources.
· Assists customers in the use of online resources.
· Prepares bibliographies both printed and online, including web resources.
· Advises in the selection of materials, maintains collections under the supervision of the Adult Services Manager, reads professional literature and reviews as appropriate.
· Provides expertise in specific areas of librarianship such as business, technology, fiction, government documents, arts and culture, children’s collection and interlibrary loan.
· Stays current with developments in the field of library technology and information services.
· Manages, and gathers information to design collections and services, including but not limited to historical, business, reference and online collections.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical address where the job position is located.